Equality North Carolina is committed to ensuring that the members of our communities have access to the most comprehensive resources available.
- The ACLU of North Carolina
- Lambda Legal
- LGBTQ Social Security and Retirement Benefits Guide by Cendy Moliere
- Southern Equality's NC Legal Resources
- NC Sex Designation FormNational Center for Transgender Equality
- Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund's name change intake link
- LGBTQIA+ Youth Resource Guide
- Gender Healthcare Support Plan
- Map of Informed Consent Clinics for Hormone Replacement Therapy
- The Trevor Project -- Has a huge compendium of resources and guides.
- National Resource Center on LGBT Aging
- Southern Equality's Trans in the South Guide
Politics and Advocacy
- The Movement Advancement Project
- Equality Maps -- scorecards for each state with specific policy information.
- Govtrack -- A source for monitoring Congress.
- Out Electeds / Elected for Equality Briefing -- Powerpoint. February 2020.
Youth, Community, and Families
- Advocates for Youth
- Time Out Youth
- Inside Out 180
- The LGBT Center of Raleigh
- The LGBTQ Center of Durham
- ECU's Dr. Jesse R. Peel LGBTQ Center
- The Guilford Green Foundation
- Youth OUTright
- National LGBTQ Institute on Intimate Partner Violence
- National Center for Transgender Equality's Health Insurance Guide
- Interact: Advocates for Intersex Youth
- NC AIDS Action Network
- Trans-Cendence International
- Campaign for Southern Equality
- Transgender Law Center
- Southerners on New Ground
- Southern Vision Alliance
- There's Still Hope
- National Center for Transgender Equality
This list is an evolving document--so if you know of a useful resource, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.