Oct 1, 2020
State of Equality: October Newsletter
A Message From Kendra
With 33 days between us and the election, most of us are still reeling from that horror show of a debate on Tuesday night. If that display of chaos proved anything, it’s that we’re going to have to do the work to save ourselves and fight for a better world with everything we’ve got.
Giving up hope or closing our eyes is not an option right now. ENC has opportunities every day between now and the election for you to plug in: follow our #OutToVote campaign for volunteer opportunities and social media challenges or check out one of our virtual Town Halls. We're also hosting a Weekend of Action Oct. 10 & 11 over National Coming Out Day to get out the vote as we head into Early Voting. Stay tuned for more details.
We -- and all of our communities -- need you right now. Will you join us?
- Oct. 1: Learn To Use 'Empower' with ENC
- Oct. 3: Phone Banking for Pro-Equality Candidates
- Oct. 5: Turn Out NC for Christy Clark!
- Oct. 6: Western NC: Candidate Town Hall
- Oct. 8: Cooking with Jenna Wadsworth!
- Oct 8: All About Voting in NC: A Virtual Workshop
- Oct. 9: LGBTQ Elders: Virtual Conversation
- #OutToVote Weekend Of Action
- Oct. 10: ENC Call-A-Thon: Get Out The Vote!
- Oct. 10: Be Well || Vote Well
- Oct. 11: Sunday Conversations feat. Kendra
- Oct. 11: Pumpkin Spice Girls Drag Latte
- Oct. 11: Phone Bank: Christy Clark, NC House 98
- Oct. 13: Northeastern Region Chapter Meeting
- Oct. 14: LGBTQ Endorsed Candidates Town Hall
- Oct. 17: Phone Banking for Pro-Equality Candidates
- Oct. 18: GO VoteNC Concert
- Oct. 20: Southeastern Region Chapter Meeting
- Oct. 22: Young Peoples' Round Table: Election 2020
- Oct. 23: LGBTQ Intergenerational Conversation
- Oct. 24: Phone Banking for Pro-Equality Candidates
- Oct. 25: LGBTQ Virtual Book Club: "Let's Talk About Love"
- Oct. 27: Triangle Region Candidate Town Hall
- Oct. 29: Triad Chapter Meeting
- Oct. 31: Phone Banking for Pro-Equality Candidates
NEW 2020 VOTER GUIDES
We've developed nine different voter guides for the various regions across our state: Charlotte & Piedmont Region, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Fayetteville, Triad, Northeastern Region, Wilmington & Southeastern Region, and Western. Please, download your respective guide and share it with your networks and help us elect a pro-equality majority up and down the ballot this November!
Want to be an ENC Phone Banker or Text Banker?
Phone banking and text banking is extremely easy -- and you can do it on your own time from the comfort of your own home! All it takes is a brief training and you'll be able to help shape the future of North Carolina whenever you have a spare 30 minutes. Sign up below and our Director of Civic Engagement and Politics, Jessica Hulick, will be in touch!
Rural Youth Empowerment (RYE) Fellowship -- APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
The Rural Youth Empowerment (RYE) Fellowship is a year-long mentorship and training program for LGBTQ young people in rural areas of North Carolina. Do you know a young person who would be a good fit? Encourage them to apply! Deadline: Oct. 11 -- APPLY HERE
Safe Voter NC
Equality North Carolina, the North Carolina Black Alliance, and Disability Rights North Carolina have launched a voter safety protection campaign called Safe Voter NC to provide Personal Protective Equipment for 250,000 North Carolinians from marginalized communities as they head to the polls. Request your free kit on the site today! You can also text 888-WEVOTE-2.
GO VoteNC Concert: Oct. 18
Join us and a host of other North Carolina organizations for a virtual concert intended to celebrate our communities and build collective power for the political process. We'll hear from the legendary Vivica C. Coxx, Joe Troop of Che Apalache and Shana Tucker, The Hamiltones, and more. Save the date by RSVPing on Facebook and head here for more information about the campaign.