Feb 18, 2020
Equality North Carolina Hiring Bookkeeper/Finance Associate
Equality NC is seeking a part-time finance professional to perform accounting activities and functions, including monitoring accounts, preparing documentation, revenue reporting/accounting, purchases and reimbursements, general ledger transactions, and journal entries. The ideal candidate will be meticulously organized, comfortable dealing with bookkeeping and journal entries, and excellent at recording data. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable and conducting other tasks related to bookkeeping.
- Track monthly budgets for supervisor expenses, as well as reimbursement checks
- Input journal entries for regular financial reports (twice-monthly and yearly)
- Prepare and process checks for multi-companies
- Create and input invoices
- Prepare and process all monthly invoices
- Request payment from outstanding clients
- Request payment from outstanding clients
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare 1099s, review and mail W2s, and handle year-end close
- Process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents and review for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Contribute to the development of analyses to be used for key activities or decision making.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve accounting issues; probe beyond stated situation; identify underlying issues; recognize exceptions; perform preliminary analysis.
- Run, maintain, reconcile, review, combine, analyze & validate financial data sets, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, & key financial information from multiple systems.
- Assist in the preparation of basic management information reports.
- Identify and resolve incorrect entries, data anomalies, deviations from established procedures, and unusual issues.
- Collect data and perform research on details of transactions.
- Ensure work complies with internal policies and external regulations, which may require interpretation.
- Prepare regular campaign finance reports and file them with the state, and comply with all campaign finance regulations.
- Participate as a member of a project team and contribute to change management strategy through communication and collaboration with others.
- Recommend, assist, test, and implement process streamlining, system improvements, and workflow changes.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of financial procedures and best practices
- Proficiency in basic business applications, such as QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with accounting systems
- Experience with C3 and C4 organizations a plus
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts
- Ability to draft professional emails, memos, business letters, and reports, and to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences, leadership team, and external stakeholders
Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree, or combination of education and relevant work experience
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sit, sort items, file paperwork, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, and lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less
- Be able to write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- As needed stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, Equality NC will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May be asked to work extended hours during peak business cycles and possibly attend board meetings and special events
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Equality NC staff and boards, the LGBTQ community, and external social justice organizations
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Promote Culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity: All are welcome, respected, and encouraged to bring their entire self to work
Salary Range: $25,000-$32,000
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.