Feb 9, 2021
Job Alert: Equality NC is hiring a Triad Civic Engagement Coordinator
Triad Civic Engagement Coordinator Job Description
- Job Title: Triad Civic Engagement Coordinator
- Status: Part time, Contract
- Supervisor: Director of Civic Engagement and Politics
- Travel Requirements: Some
- Place of Performance: Triad, NC
- Direct Reports: None
The Opportunity – About Equality NC
At ENC we envision a thriving, liberated North Carolina with a powerful LGBTQ+ community
united in service of racial and social justice. Our mission is to build LGBTQ+ power through
advocacy, education, and uplifting the stories of queer and trans North Carolinians in pursuit of
racial and social justice. Join a team that is passionately committed to advancing the collective
lived equality for our most vulnerable populations and communities. Our organization has a
close-knit culture in which we place a high priority on communication, collaboration, fostering
diversity, equity, and inclusion where each person is supported to thrive, and having fun
together. Equality NC recognizes that historical and systemic inequity, especially institutional
racism, is the root cause to problems we aim to solve. We acknowledge that it is impossible for
us to fulfill our mission without creating an equitable and inclusive environment for our staff,
partners, and people we serve. For more information about Equality NC, please visit our website.
The Triad Civic Engagement Coordinator (CEC) will work directly with the Equality NC Leadership Team and Director of Civic Engagement and Politics to promote civic engagement and increase the number of pro-LGBTQ equality candidates, including “out” LGBTQ individuals who run for, and are elected to serve in federal, state, and local public offices. The CEC will also work with a team of regional coordinators who together will recruit, train, and engage local constituencies to create towns, neighborhoods, businesses, churches, schools, and communities where LGBTQ equality is protected and embraced. The Triad CEC will be responsible for
performing a number of public and outreach events, voter engagement, and fundraising duties.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and connected to LGBTQ and
political communities in the Triad (Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point) North Carolina
- Recruit, train, and support an active civic engagement team of individuals and organizations that work together to expand the number of pro-LGBTQ individuals who vote and run for office.
- Develop a strong get out the vote (GOTV) regional network.
- Build partnerships with allied groups and political organizations to build an inclusive community that does not tolerate discrimination.
- Execute civic engagement and political strategic plan for the organization in collaboration with the Equality NC Leadership Team and committees
- Plan and coordinate regional civic engagement and political events.
- Support fundraising in the region through one-on-one meetings, townhalls, events, and other forms of communication that enable the regional program to sustain and grow.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a combination of organizing, political engagement, and fundraising.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with organization specific programs and software.
- Strong organizational project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi- tasking abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment.
Ability to work well remotely, within a cross-functional team environment and with diverse
Salary range is $18K-$24K.
How to Apply
Equality NC is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. BIPOC LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should express your specific interest in and qualifications for this role.
Please submit this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. If the position is visible on our website, it remains open.