North Carolina’s statewide organization dedicated to securing equal rights and justice for LGBT North Carolinians is currently recruiting a new brand of student organizer.
Equality NC is seeking highly-motivated undergraduate students from colleges and universities across North Carolina with a passion for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) equality for its flagship Equality NC Student Ambassadors program. ENC Ambassadors will represent a statewide grassroots student leadership program that aims to put boots on the ground and help foster a new generation of fair-minded leaders—not simply to educate and mobilize supporters around LGBT rights, issues and legislation, but to strengthen our LGBT communities across the state—one campus at a time. Our Student Ambassadors will become ENC’s voice in their respective campus communities, embarking on online and outreach campaigns that mirror those happening on the statewide level.
In return, our program provides students with unique opportunities to learn about timely LGBT issues, develop resume-building leadership and organizing skills, and connect with the organizations and activists behind the pro-equality movement.
- Join Equality NC’s Online Action Network, allowing you to receive (and share) important alerts and updates from Equality NC.
- Find ways to creatively take Equality NC’s latest pro-Equality campaigns from our current online and organizing channels to your own campus.
- Help recruit ten student participants for Equality NC’s annual Conference.
- Join ENC’s social media “street teams,” tasked with sharing the latest Equality NC information and issues where you already are.
- Participate in weekly Twitter discussions designed to brainstorm the best methods to reach out to student groups, campus communities, and youth demographics about LGBT issues and events happening in North Carolina and beyond.
For more information, contact Equality NC’s organizer, Ben Church at email@example.com.