Jobs & Internships
Equality North Carolina works to secure equal rights and justice for lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender (LGBT) North Carolinians. The Equality North Carolina family of organizations includes the advocacy organization Equality NC, the educational charity Equality NC Foundation, and the North Carolina political action committee Equality NC PAC.
Equality North Carolina is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons.
Equality NC is Hiring!
Full-time, contract Field Organizers to be based in the Wake County or Mecklenburg County area
Equality NC seeks full-time, contract Field Organizers to be based in the Wake County or Mecklenburg County area. Field Organizers will be working as part of a team to work on securing the full repeal of NC House Bill 2. Successful candidates will be results-driven self-starters with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing external circumstances.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, retain, and manage volunteers
- Lead door to door canvases
- Run phone banks
- Represent Equality NC at events across North Carolina
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of data
- Create and maintain relationships with community members
- Conduct voter outreach and registration
- Oversee student interns
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to travel within the state
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Outgoing and energetic
- Strong commitment to Equality NC’s mission and vision
- Experience using VAN
- Experience in volunteer management
- Experience in phone banking and door-to-door canvassing
- Familiarity with North Carolina’s political climate
To apply, please send your resume and two references to Maddie Majerus (she/her/hers) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Equality North Carolina is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ people, immigrants, women and people who are differently-abled are strongly encouraged to apply.