Jobs & Internships
Equality NC works to secure equal rights and justice for lesbian, gay bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) North Carolinians. The Equality NC family of organizations includes the advocacy organization Equality NC, the educational charity Equality NC Foundation, and the North Carolina political action committee Equality NC Action Fund PAC.
Equality NC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as Equality North Carolina continues to grow. This position will work with key program staff as the organization continues its crucial advocacy and education work around LGBTQ rights and continues to fight against HB2.
- Execute Equality North Carolina’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of donor database
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors, including an emphasis on donor stewardship
- Managing the donor acknowledgment process
- Overseeing organization of special events, including yearly 500+ person Gala
- Writing and tracking grant applications, reports and deadlines
- Working with key staff to develop stronger corporate support
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Two years development experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Sense of humor and ability to work in a fast-paced and adaptive workplace
- Knowledge of database management
- Prefer knowledge of LGBTQ movement and/or North Carolina political landscape
- Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must include “Equality NC DD” in subject line
Equality NC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ people, immigrants, women and people who are differently-abled are strongly encouraged to apply.